Relocate to Johnson City!
- Johnson City named #1 Emerging Housing Marketing by Realtor.com and the Wall Street Journal
- Johnson City named #2 destination for those moving to Tennessee (movebuddha.com)
- Johnson City named one of the Top 10 2022 Hottest Zip Codes in America
- Jonesborough named among Most Charming Towns and Small Cities with population under 100,000 in Tennessee (TravelMag)
- Johnson City named the 2021 Best City for Young Families in Tennessee, based on real estate market hotness and inventory, diversity in local school districts, access to parks and outdoor recreational facilities, and residential and road safety (Insurify)
- Johnson City named one of the Top 10 Metro Areas where the cost of living has dropped the most during the pandemic – we are #2. Overall cost of living dropped by 3.3%, grocery costs down 12.6%, and housing costs down 3.1% (Apartment.com)
- Johnson City named one of the 10 Most Diversified Metro Economies in the United States. (Livability.com)
- Johnson City named one of the Top 100 Places to Live, outpacing more than 2,100 cities with a population between 20,000-350,000 (Livability.com)
- Johnson City named a Top Adventure Town (Blue Ridge Outdoor Magazine)
- Johnson City named one of 5 Most Affordable Cities in Tennessee (Livibility.com)
- Johnson City named one of the Top Five (#4) Retirement Destinations in the country (Kiplinger)
- Johnson City ranked in the Top 5 for Happiest Blue Ridge Mountain Towns with a population of 50,000 or more (Blue Ridge Country Magazine)
Visit the EXPLORE Relocation Guide.
View our digital City Map.
Visit the “Live or Retire to Johnson City” webpage with additional information.
View our 4-page Community Profile, an overview of our community with order form to request mailed information.
Move to JC
Find a Product or Service
Connect with area businesses who are Chamber members by browsing our directory.
Visit our Explore Relocation and Membership Guide.
Find a Job
A number of Chamber member employment firms strive to help place individuals in positions that are right for them. Whether you’re seeking a temporary job or a permanent placement, these firms have the contacts and expertise to help. View a list of our Chamber members specializing in employment.
Browse job openings posted by our Chamber members.
Live & Work
Both our City and County school systems have received state and national honors for excellence in the classroom. In addition, they have made significant capital investments to renovate and construct new facilities, as well as update the curricula. Several private and religious schools offer additional education options. East Tennessee State University, King University, Milligan University, Northeast State Community College, and Tusculum University offer higher learning opportunities. Several of the area’s college and universities have been recognized for their excellence by national magazines.
View the Chamber’s Relocation Guide, EXPLORE.
- East Tennessee State University
- King University
- Milligan University
- Northeast State Community College
- Tusculum University
Public School Systems
Johnson City – Has a council/manager form of government, with an elected 5-person Commission and led by an appointed City Manager and professional team. This full service City enjoys nationally acclaimed public safety, parks and recreation, and public works awards. Visit the City of Johnson City website.
Town of Jonesborough – Tennessee’s oldest town is led by a Mayor and Board of Alderman, with a full-time administrator. This historically significant community is home of the International Storytelling Festival. Visit the Town of Jonesborough website.
Washington County – Led by a 25 person commission and a Mayor elected at large. This county enjoys the best of metro living in a beautiful rural, mountainous environment. Visit the Washington County website.
We are fast becoming the medical hub of Northeast Tennessee. From primary care physicians to specialists, the area is home to a number of highly qualified medical professionals who provide the utmost in care.
Ballad Healthcare is an integrated healthcare systems serving 29 counties of Northeast Tennessee, Southwest Virginia, Northwest North Carolina and Southeast Kentucky. Ballad Health was formed in 2018 by the merger of two regional health systems.
The success of our medical community is enhanced by the presence of East Tennessee State University – the College of Medicine, College of Nursing, College of Pharmacy, and College of Public Health are active partners with Ballad Health and the Veterans Affairs Medical Center. ETSU is home to Tennessee’s only College of Public Health.
View the Chamber’s Relocation Guide, EXPLORE.
Browse our Chamber Directory for healthcare businesses.
Community Resources & Information
Sometimes you need information and you’re not sure where to find that information – perhaps these links will help:
Better Business Bureau – Covering the Tri-Cities area, (865) 692-1600
Election Commission / Voter Registration – (423) 753-1688
Social Security Office – Social Security Resource Center